A series of high-power spectrally-sliced Erbium Broadband Sources providing up to 100 channels (50 GHz) locked to the ITU grid at 22 dBm output power.
This source can dramatically reduce equipment cost and setup time in DWDM system test, replacing costly banks of DFB lasers.
- Features the same power-spectral density as a full set of DFB lasers
- Extremely stable
- 50 GHz and 100 GHz spacing available
- Channels locked to ITU grid
- High peak-to-valley extinction ratio
Add / Drop Option
Combining the Add/Drop box with MPB’s ASE CombSource allows for an even broader range of applications. The Add/Drop box filters out one or more fixed channels depending on the customer’s request.
- Allows the replacement of these missing channels with real data carrying channels
- Modulated channels can be used for Bit-Error Rate testing
- Easy monitoring of Four-Wave Mixing
- Simultaneously measure optical amplifier gain flatness and noise figure under conditions of full channel loading (high peak-to-valley extinction ratio extends NF measurement capability to high-power booster amplifiers)
- Measure the full band OSNR and channel power evolution over links consisting of multiple spans and optical amplifiers without the need for costly banks of DFB lasers
- Measure magnitude of inter-channel Raman pumping along a span for fully-loaded band case
- Test DWDM demux components
MPBC's CombSources can be designed to meet customer-specific requests. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
|Output Power, Typical||22||22||22||22||dBm|
|Spacing Between Channels||100||50||50||50|
|Min. Number of Channels||45||90||96||98|
|Wavelength Range||1529.55 - 1564.68||1529.55 - 1565.09||1529.16 - 1567.13||1570.42- 1611.35||nm|
|Extinction Ratio, Minimum||50||45||44||43||dB|